(October 12, 2017) As your interview comes to a close, the interviewer may ask you “Do you have any questions for me?” this is your chance to ask your potential employer lots of interview questions! Ask to learn more about the position, the company, and your boss to make sure this is the right job for you.
Why Should You Ask Questions During Your Interview?
Asking questions during your interview shows the hiring manager that you are prepared and interested in working with that company, so take the time to prepare good questions ahead of time. This means doing a little research about the job position and the company you are applying for.
What Kind of Questions Should I be Asking?
You want to make sure the questions you ask are focused and open-ended. Stay away from yes or no questions. You want to make sure your interview questions are specific to the job you applied for. So sit down and take a moment to think about what you want to know and what you look for in an employer.
Set Goals Before Leaving the Interview:
First of all, your goal after the interview is not only to make sure you highlighted your skills and experience, but you should aim to get a better picture of the job, the requirements, expectations, the company, the people, and the next steps in the interview process. With that in mind, we have prepared a few questions you could ask the interviewer that will cover these main categories. Remember, the more specific you tailor your questions, the better!
1. “Can you walk me through a typical day here at the Company?”
2. “If I were hired for this position, would I be going through any training prior to actually starting the work?”
3. “What are the expectations for this position?
4. “Will I be working with a team and if I am, can you tell me a little about each of them?
5. “How is the companies work environment?”
6. “Where do you see the company a few years from now?”
7. “What are the next steps in the interview process?”
8. “Is there anything else I can provide you with that would be helpful or questions I can answer?”
Now that you know what type of questions you should be asking during an interview, you are on your way to becoming the perfect candidate! Just remember to prepare and above all be yourself. If you need help finding a job contact us at Preeminence Staffing Resources, we’ll match you to the right job.